Islam & The Western WorldThe fascination of the West with Islam and Arab culture as well as the experiences of Muslims, in particular of those who converted, are central to this current issue themed Islam & the Western World. Complying with the UAJSS tradition, our contributors examine, from different disciplinary perspectives, the relationship between Muslims and non-Muslims, the East and the West, English and Arabic.
- PDF|Islam and the Western World - By Elke Weesjes
- PDF|Paradigms and Empowerment: The Arabic Orient and Orientalist Wish Fulfilment – By Feras Alkabani
- PDF|The True Story About Me: Isabelle Eberhardt, the Legend of the Kahina and the Construction of Identity – By Kirsty Bennett
- PDF|We are Young. We are Trendy. Buy our Product!: The Use of Latinized Arabic in Printed Edited Magazines in Egypt – By Mariam Aboelezz
- PDF|Sister Betty: The Life of Betty Shabazz – By Ruth Charnock
Book & Author
- PDF|Behind the Backlash: Muslim Americans After 9/11 – By Elke Weesjes